Friday, November 13, 2009

A review of my book

Here is a very kind review of my book by someone I don't know and have never met. You can check out the rest of the Amazon reviews by clicking on this link.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars A Grateful Reader, November 12, 2009
By Trading Truth Seeker "K" (Wesley Chapel, FL) - See all my reviews
Back in 1990 I read an article in the July/Aug issue of the Commodity Traders Consumer Report(CTCR)that forever turned my trading mindset around. Carl Futia wrote the article. And no, I don't personally know Mr. Futia, and I have no interests financial or otherwise in his world. But in my 25 years of trading, I can honestly say that this article helped to shape my trading mindset forever. To make a long story short, I'll quote and explain to you the two concepts from that 1990 article that engendered the changes in my trading mind.

Concept #1: Quote: "I had seen clearly that if I relied on oscillators and trend-following techniques, I was always getting into the trend too late. It struck me that I should try to "Anticipate" the beginning of trends rather than waiting to enter in the middle after they had started".

Concept #2: This concept was the idea of "Free Exposure" which Mr. Futia was taught from a seminar by the legendary trader Peter J. Steidlmayer. In essence Free Exposure meant; To enter the market where the risk is the least and the reward is the greatest, one must find, and be able to read where "Value" lies in the market. All entries made at "Value" are essentially tantamount to a "Free" ride in the market, with very little risk "Exposure".

These two concepts started me on my mental journey into what I now call "Anticipating Value" in the market. In any case, back then, after doing months of research and extensive reading on these two concepts my trading was completely turned around for the better. Today, both concepts have melded in one technique, and now form the foundational element of my trading strategy and methodology. Further, since reading this new book, I can see that most of his ideas have since matured into a cohesive philosophy, worthy of anyone's personal library. And by the way, my personal library once numbered over 800 books, so I believe I know a good one when I see it.

Thankfully, I too arrived at some of those same conclusions in his book a long time ago. This is because they were the natural and logical progression from his initial concepts in the 90's. Do yourself a favor and at least read this book, even though you may not agree with it now. Some time in the future, after you have been "sorely tested" in the market for a while, you may be truly thankful that you did. It might just spark a new way of looking at the market for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment